Tours and Tickets
All tickets are provided to my constituents on a first come, first serve basis. Due to a large number of visitors, please request them as early as possible in order to maximize your chances. For information on sightseeing and attractions, please visit my Washington, DC Tourism Information page.
***Due to the upcoming change in Administration, White House tours requested for dates after January 19, 2017 cannot be guaranteed. Further guidance will be provided at a later date.***
All requests for White House tours must be completed 21 days in advance - this includes having all pertinent information submitted with the White House. While making your initial request with my office, you are permitted to choose up to 3 days in order of priority for your White House tour. Following placing your initial request with my office, I will notify the White House of your interest in a tour of the building. The White House will then contact you requesting the following information:
First, Middle, Last Name
SSN (For those 18 and older)
Country of Birth
Cell Phone Number (Number while in DC)
You will have 7 days to provide the White House with the pertinent information starting from the time you received the email from the White House. If the information is not submitted in time, the process must start over. Keep in mind, the sooner you provide the necessary information, the better the chance your request has of being accepted.
Please note: All decisions are made by the White House Visitors Office
The Smithsonian has recently announced changes in the procedure to obtain passes for entry to the African American History and Culture Museum.
- The museum will no longer distribute same-day, in-person passes at 9:15 a.m. daily.
- A limited number of walk-up passes will be available starting at 1 p.m. on weekdays.
- No walk-up passes will be available on weekends due to high visitation.
- Same-day, online, timed passes will be available only through the museum’s website, nmaahc.si.edu beginning at 6:30 a.m. daily.
- Non-commercial group visits of 10 or more, including student groups, will now be available for scheduling up to one year in advance by visiting nmaahc.si.edu/groups.
Starting January 4th, the museum will issue advanced time passes for April 2017. Furthermore, timed passes for May will become available on February 1st.